Saturday 1 October 2011

Introduction

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful 
(Bismi'llah ir-Rahman ir-Rahiem)


Dear Reader,


I would like to wish peace unto you (Salam Aleikum) and
welcome you to my new blog!
I will take this opportunity to introduce myself and I will use a little survey to keep it as short as possible.


1. What is my name?
My name is Tahirah, this was the one of the names of the first wife of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), Hazret Khadijah (peace be upon her). (Literally the name means 'The Pure One').
2. How old am I?
I am 21 years old
3. What do I do?
I am in my last year of my studies to obtain a Bachelor of Science, where after I will, God willingly, do a research master in the field of Behavioural Cognitive Neuroscience.
4. Why did I make this blog?
God willingly (Insha'Allah), I can help others with my experiences and share knowledge about Islam.
I, myself, am a reverted Muslima. This means that I 'converted' to the religion of Islam, but I did not belong to any other religion before this, therefore I reverted rather than converted. I am therefore motivated to diminish some of the abundant misconceptions around Islam that are present in the Western World as we know it. God willingly I will be able to show the truth, by sharing the knowledge I am obtaining with time and elaborate on seemingly vague concepts.
5. Who will read my blog?
Well God willingly, a large amount of people will read my blog and allow some interaction between Muslims and non-Muslims. I am not out to convert anyone, because God knows that I can say from experience that that is not a decision anyone can make for you. However I would like to shed some light on issues and therefore my blog is certainly not just for Muslims. 
6. What else would I like to say?
All that I would like to say is that I hope I can interest you enough to keep reading my blog and that God willingly I will be able to answer your questions and elaborate on various issues. 
I am proud to be Muslim and I am glad to be able to share that with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment